300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, and these videos are watched by billions of people each day. All over the world, people watch videos online in order to be entertained, informed or learn how to do something.
Even more astounding is the fact that video content outperforms written content by an average of 18:1. And in a recent poll from Wordstream.com, 87% of marketers use video to promote their business. Clearly, video marketing is here to stay, and if your company is not working to perfect its video marketing strategy, rest assured that your competitors probably are.
As video marketing continues to evolve, the reality is that many businesses are still left in the dark about how to execute a video marketing strategy that will actually drive ROI. It’s one thing to create a piece of video content. But once they have a video, many businesses find themselves asking the question, “Now what?”
In this article, we are going to elaborate fully on video marketing and explain everything your business needs to know before the cameras start rolling.
Why Is Video So Popular?
Back in the early 1900s, going to the movies became a favorite pastime among Americans. There was just something unique about actually watching a romance flick or a thriller that was more interesting than reading a book or seeing a play.
If you fast forward more than 100 years later, you will still find that people are fascinated by watching videos more than anything else. The main reason why video is extremely popular is that it’s the most digestible and relatable form of content.
For example, if you wanted to learn how to start a garden, which would you rather do: read a blog post or watch a three-minute video? Regardless of how you answer, more people are choosing to watch videos because they’re interesting and convenient.
According to Wordstream, 82% of Twitter users prefer video content. In fact, 85% of internet users prefer to view video content.
That’s not all. As it turns out, videos are widely beloved by social media users (who make up more than ⅓ of the world’s population). Videos on social media generate 1,200% more shares than pictures and text combined!
It’s no wonder why 51% of marketers name video as the type of content that achieves the best ROI. Without much effort, you can create a stunning video for your audience.
Keep reading and we’ll explain how you can use video marketing to your advantage.
What Are Some Effective Video Marketing Tips?
Although it doesn’t take a lot of effort to create marketable videos for your business, you should still be keen on taking a methodical approach to your video marketing activities.
Here are some helpful video marketing tips that should give you a greater understanding of how to create the best videos.
- Identify a Purpose: Before you begin recording, ask yourself, “What is the purpose and reason for my video?” and “How will my video help someone else?” Creating an irrelevant or useless video can waste both your time and money.
- Record in a Designated Area: When you begin recording, your area should be free of any background noise and distractions.
Position Your Recording: If you are capturing a close-up video of yourself, it’s often best to record in a vertical (portrait) position. However, if you’re going to be moving or if you would like your surroundings to be present in the video, recording horizontally (landscape) is the optimal position.
- Be Mindful of the Sound Quality: There is nothing worse than trying to watch a video and not being able to hear what the person is saying or having a bunch of background noise. Invest in some sound equipment, even if you’re using your phone or tablet, to ensure that you can be heard well.
- Keep It Interesting and Concise: When your ideal customer logs in to a social media platform, they’re going to be instantly overloaded with posts, images, ads, and other videos. For this reason, it’s crucial to grab your audience’s attention within the first two seconds of the video. DO NOT begin your video with any monotonous sales pitches or cliches about how you’re running the best company. Keep your videos both interesting and concise to increase your watch time and conversions.
- Include Your Call to Action: Even if your video is great, your call to action is what will make or break your video marketing strategy. If you are promoting your new line of products via video marketing, don’t forget to remind your viewers to click on the link below, visit your website, or give your business a call. Once you have your audience’s attention, it’s imperative to make sure that you don’t lose it.
- Remember to Convert: The whole purpose of video marketing is to promote your brand. Therefore, video marketing is useless if your videos aren’t converting your viewers into leads. To improve your videos’ conversion rates, try removing any obstacle a potential customer has before making a purchasing decision (ex. Try answering the top 10 questions your sales team gets asked in short 30-second videos and post them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
What Should I Do Once I’m Done Recording?
When your video is complete, you’re only halfway up the mountain. You still need to edit your video and aggressively promote it on social media.
One of the most effective video editing software on the web is Promo. This tool allows you to transform your custom video into a work of art, which is why this tool is the official marketing partner of Facebook and Instagram. This website will allow you to add stock images, music and copy to any video that needs editing.
However, if you are a beginner to creating and editing your own videos, here is a full list of the best video editing software for beginners.
After you’re done editing your video, it’s now time to post it on social media, though sharing your videos will require a lot of effort on your end. You can’t just post your videos on Facebook and Twitter and expect to receive instant results.
You have to create a content marketing strategy, and here’s how you can do it.
- Plan Out Your Promotion: Once your video is ready to be spread to the masses, it’s imperative that you work to determine which channels to promote and when. Social media, email and your website are all great starting points for promoting your new video content. Be mindful of when your core demographic is online and when is the best time to reach them with the message you are trying to convey.
- Partner with an Influencer: There are so many popular social media influencers and YouTubers out there with millions of people who will listen to any word they say. To increase the reach of your videos, partner with an influencer to spread your message directly to their audience. If you don’t know where to find an influencer, read this cool guide from digital marketing expert Neil Patel.
- Turn Your Production into Advertising Gold: If your video is promoting something of true value or something new and exciting, consider using it as a Facebook or Instagram ad. Work with someone who knows Facebook ads manager well and set your video up to be viewed by your target market. Be sure to include the right call to action on your ad and don’t skip the subtitles; 62% of all video ads on social media are often watched with the sound off!
Video Marketing Cheat Sheet
I Need Help with My Video Marketing!
After reading this, are you interested in trying video marketing for your business but don’t know how or have the time? Don’t worry. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 480-305-2017 to receive a complimentary consultation. We’re always available to assist you.